Translate

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gipsy Kings - Volare

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

I was a 20 year-old intern in Washington, DC when I first saw the amazing Gipsy Kings.  For those of you who probably don't know who the Gipsy Kings are, shame on you.  Just kidding.  Go to the nearest record store and pick up The Best of the Gipsy Kings.  Take a listen.  Maybe you'll recognize them.

Back to my story.  I was in Washington, DC when a good friend of mine got a whisper that the Gipsy Kings were going to be playing at a small bar in Georgetown.  He got the inside tip and told us.  Before I knew it, I was sitting in the front of two Gipsy Kings playing.  I had such a great seat that I literally saw sweat drip from the Gipsy Kings. 

The rest of the Gipsy Kings were seated at one corner of the restaurant bar.  I saw Nicolas Reyes, the lead singer, with the rest of the Kings.  It was awesome.  Almost heavenly. 

Speaking of heaven, perhaps this could be a part of my last wishes.  If I were to pass away and step into the next world, I'd like for the Gipsy King's version of Volare be played during my funeral.


No comments:

Post a Comment