Translate

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Erasure - Chains of Love

Music Appreciation

As I've indicated in previous posts HERE and HERE, I am a big fan of Erasure. I remember purchasing Pop! 20 Hits in 1993 as a senior in high school. It was around the same time I was dating two girls at the same time. Both girls liked Erasure, so I made it a point to always have that cassette tape playing.

Released in May 1988, Chains of Love is considered Erasure's mainstream breakthrough. The song is perhaps more recognized for its lyrics that seeks acceptance of homosexuality.   

Watching the music video, one might wonder whether Vince Clarke and Andy Bell were part of the Cirque du Soleil. What's funny is watching Bell in a rumba costume hoisted by metal chains.




Sources: Wikipedia




1 comment:

  1. That definitely sounded like an 80s tune. Bold move though standing up for gay rights at a time like that.

    ReplyDelete