Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tool - Sober

Music Appreciation

In 1993, alternative metal band, Tool, released Sober. The music video, which was filmed using stop-motion animation, was released the same year.

This is probably the only music video that I can remember from when I was young being scared sh*tless. I remember watching this and going to bed praying for God to make me forget the images and sound. Ironically, since the song has strong religious overtones, with lyrics such as "Mother Mary won't you whisper, something but what's past and done."

Perhaps the scariest part of the music video is watching what looked like intestines moving along a pipe that is uncovered by the protagonist.

Viewer discretion advised.



1 comment:

  1. Whenever anyone asks what music video I remember the most, this one is always number one. It's a haunting 3 minutes of the nightmare of addiction and a great song to boot. I know none of the other song of this group but this one I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete