Translate

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Chicago - You're the Inspiration


Music Appreciation

My dad use to have a small collection of albums ranging from Pink Floyd to Michael Jackson to Chicago. He would play albums during get-togethers and parties.

One of the albums I remember him playing from beginning to end was Chicago's IX album--back then, shuffling wasn't easily available.

I quickly became a fan, and I would steal borrow the album and pretend I was a DJ with my Fisher Price record player.

When I was eight years old, I remember watching Chicago's "You're the Inspiration" video. It featured the band playing in a apartment-setting with snip-its of couples embracing and kissing.

The song was released on November 29, 1984 and hit No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.


via warnerbrosrecords






No comments:

Post a Comment