Translate

Thursday, August 4, 2016

If People Acted Like Telenovela Stars


I grew up in the Valley. You might know it as the Rio Grande Valley. It's an area located in deep South Texas along the U.S. Mexico border. Still lost? If the United States was shaped like a cow (which it kind of is without the hind legs) the Valley would be the preputial sheath of the cow. Got it? Good.

We only had basic cable at my house, when I was young, and the stations I remember watching with the housekeeper and my parents were the news in Spanish, cartoons in Spanish, and telenovelas.

Telenovelas are soap operas but with a lot of Latin flavor. The thing about telenovelas is that the drama is a bit more... well... dramatic.

Pero Like on BuzzFeed best explains telenovelas.


via Pero Like

No comments:

Post a Comment