Translate

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Ana Navarro "schooling" Michael R Caputo


Pardon the interruption.

I rarely do post political commentary, but this election is extremely important to just take a backseat.

We live in a country and given the privilege to vote for the leader we feel will represent our principles before our nation and the world. This election, we are given a choice of party candidates: Republican, Democratic, Libertarian, Green and Constitution.

Although our ideologies may fit better with a third-party candidate, we tend to align ourselves with one of the two most popular parties: Republican or Democrat.

As a registered Republican, I find my ideologies best fit under the Libertarian ticket. I can't, however, bring myself to vote for Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, a candidate who I feel would make our nation look weak before other nations.

But as a registered Republican, shouldn't my choice in candidate clearly be Donald Trump? If it were any other Republican candidate, yes.

As a Mexican-American, I do find Trump's comments and tweets offensive. I appreciate Republican strategist Ana Navarro reminding Michael R Caputo, former Trump adviser, of his comments aimed directly at Mexicans.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” June 16, 2015

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.” July 6, 2015




via Daily Kos

No comments:

Post a Comment