Translate

Friday, May 12, 2017

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic


Music Appreciation

I was in my young 20s when I first heard Beastie Boys' Intergalactic. Actually, I believe I watched their music video on MTV before I heard it on the radio. The American hip-hop group had been around since the mid-80s. They were popular back then and they garnered a new group of younger audience in the 90s.

The music video featured a giant robot fighting an octopus-headed creature, while the Beastie Boys (Mike D, MCA, and Ad-Rock) ran around various sites in Tokyo dressed in a white jumpsuit, white construction hard hat, with a yellow strap vest, yellow dish gloves, and yellow rubber boots.

The song, which was released on May 12, 1998, received a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group in 1999. The music video, which was directed by Nathanial Hörnblowér (aka Adam Yauch or MCA), won the award for Best Hip-Hop Video at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards.





No comments:

Post a Comment