Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Getting in Shape

Since being diagnosed with liver fibrosis, I’ve committed to working out more and cutting back on my alcohol intake. If you ask me how it's going, I'll be honest: it's a real struggle. I do sneak a drink or two on occasion, but not as often as before. Baby steps, right?

Setting aside time to work out requires planning. Sometimes it's tough to muster up the energy to get to the gym, especially when dealing with rush hour traffic. It's so easy to take the early exit to home sweet home rather than staying on and taking the following exit to the gym. After all, my couch and I have an unspoken bond that’s hard to break.

Luckily, my best friend and best man keeps encouraging me to make it to the gym, even when I'm tempted to get home, strip off my street clothes, and lounge my way to a catnap before dinner. Everyone needs a gym buddy for encouragement, especially someone as determined (and sometimes lazy) as me to get in shape!

By Nate Fakes @nate_fakes


No comments:

Post a Comment