Translate

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean - Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

Perhaps one of the most memorable music video I watched when I was young was Michael Jackson's Billie Jean

I recall staying up on Friday nights and watching Night Tracks on TBS with my parents.  Sometimes I would watch the music videos while my parents hosted parties.

It was the early 1980s and I remember my excitement watching rock stars perform their songs on Night Tracks.  From then on, as others did, I associated songs I heard on the radio with the music video I watched either on TBS or MTV. 

So what caught my attention about Billie Jean?  I think it was the sidewalk tiles that would light up as Michael Jackson walked over them.  For years I thought sidewalks would light up only for MJ, and that he could magically make himself disappear.  When I was young, almost every boy wanted to be like MJ. 

Do expect more commentary on MJ music videos on future blogs.




Visit: http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment