Translate

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trio - Da, Da, Da

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

In 1997, I recall watching this Volkswagen commercial and tilting my head with confusion.  As a Communications major, I thought that the commercial was a bit too--how should I put it--odd.

I then found myself wanting to watch it again and again.  Before Youtube, the only way to catch a commercial was to wait.  At times, I would tell my friends or parents to quiet down, turn the volume up to listen to the commercial.  

I think the advertisement was effective since I wanted a VW Golf so bad.  I think I even begged my father to buy a VW Golf. 



The song originates from a band from Großenkneten, Germany called Trio.  Below is the music video for Da da da.  Notice the Casio miniature keyboard the lead singer is holding.  That is the keyboard he uses for the song's melody.


via RockAndDiscoMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment