Translate

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tears for Fears - Mad World

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

Released in the UK in November 1982, Mad World introduced Tears for Fears to the world.  Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith formed Tears for Fears in the early 1980s and were influenced by great music artists such as Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, and Brian Eno.

I remember watching Tears for Fears music videos on MTV and even skating along with it at the local skating ring.  Almost every girl liked Tears for Fears, so us boys made it a point to like it as well.

It wasn't until the 90s when I purchased the Tears Roll Down: Greatest Hits when I first heard Mad World.  When I purchased the CD, I was on the verge of being classified as a juvenile delinquent.  I was 16 and my life-choices were screwed up. 

The songs' lyrics of life being insignificant contributed to my frustration and anger. 

"I find it hard to tell you, cause I find it hard to take, when people run in circles, it's a very, very, mad world."

Was I naive. 



Source: Wikipedia, metrolyrics.com

Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment