Translate

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Breeders - Cannonball

Considered one of the best songs of the 1990's, Cannonball was performed by the American alternative rock band, The Breeders, formed from members of the Pixies and Throwing Muses

Honestly, I didn't understand alternative music until I immersed myself in the genre.  Before meeting my high school friends, I would only listen to rap and r&b music.  Grudge and alternative punk was foreign to me until I took time to listen. 

The Breeders' Cannonball was  probably the song that made me appreciate this new genre of music; although, it was a bit hard to swallow.  Afterwards, I found myself with a subscription of Huh Magazine and listening only to the local rock station, which if you were lucky, caught the latest alternative song.






No comments:

Post a Comment