Translate

Sunday, November 27, 2011

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Music Appreciation

In the 90s, Karaoke was the cool thing to do. Restaurants, bars and dance clubs would reserve a day or space for Karaoke. People loved doing it; especially after a few drinks. 

After a long week of college classes, my friends and I would go karaoke-ing. One night we found ourselves at Klub X, which is now Metropolis, in McAllen.

Let me back up a bit and develop this story a bit further. While in college I was known to imitate people's voices. When caller ID was new and popular, I would answer the phone with my dad's voice and trick his students. I could even mimic girls voices and voices that was raspy.

It was the raspy voice that lead me up on stage to sing like Brian Johnson and AC/DC's signature song, You Shook Me All Night Long.

After a brief hiatus, following the passing of lead singer Bon Scott, AC/DC released Back to Black, the second highest selling music album of all time, in 1980. 




Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment