Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tony! Toni! Toné! - Feels Good

Music Appreciation

I grew up in the Rio Grande Valley, deep South Texas, where the majority of the population is Hispanic, a few Anglos, and we knew the handful of Blacks in our community.

During the time I was in middle and high school, clothing style defined you--similar to today. I recall shopping with my mom at JC Penny and choosing all the "cool" clothes I had seen on MTV. 

Yes, I had the baggy pants and the oversized colorful shirts.  One mustard color long sleeved shirt had a hootie with drawstrings. I remember wearing a rayon dress shirt with baggy black slacks and a gold neck chain to a school dance. Although now embarrasing, at the time, it looked great and felt good. 

In 1990, R&B and new jazz swing group Tony! Toni! Toné! released Feels Good.  The song hit gold and made the top 10 of Billboards Hot 100. 



Source: Wikipedia

Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment