Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2015

I, Robot


Film Appreciation

When I was little, I found myself reading Arthur C. Clarke and then Isaac Asimov stories. One of those books I read in my teens was Asimov's I, Robot.

The book is a collection of science fiction short stories about human interaction with robots in the 21st Century. The book revolves around the Three Rules of Robotics (Asimov's Laws):

  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First and Second Law.

Best known for directing The Crow (1994), Alex Proyas brought a film loosely based on Asimov's book, I, Robot. In fact, it would be safe to say the book inspired the screenplay. The film was released on July 16, 2004.



via MovieZya 


Sources:

http://www.cinefania.com/movie.php/58438/en
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot_(film)






No comments:

Post a Comment