Translate

Friday, March 18, 2016

Hiroh Kikai


Photography Appreciation

Born in Yamagata, Japan, Hiroh Kikai was a photographer known for portraits of people in the Asakusa area of Tokyo and scenes of buildings.

In an interview with photography blogger Marc Feustel, Hiroh Kikai states that he became a photographer, "not because I thought I could make a living from it, but because I was irresistibly drawn to the medium."

Regardings the art of photography, Hiroh Kikai explains, "A photographer must constantly put himself into perspective because photography is not an innate language. It is not because I spend 24 hours running through the streets looking for photogenic models to pose for my camera that I will get good results." You can read the complete interview HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment