Translate

Saturday, August 19, 2017

How Do You Play It?


I bought my 13 year old a music CD. I was excited to see his response as he opened the package it came in. He took it out from the package and looked at it with amazement, "Wow! The movie?"

"No," I responded. "It's the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy 2."

After a second or two, he asked, "How do you play it?"

I became perplexed. He was right. I didn't think past the music CD.

"HOW THE FUCK IS HE GOING TO PLAY THIS CD?" I thought.

My hamster wheel started turning. "The laptop," I proclaimed as a solution. My son rushed to his laptop as I went for mine. But no luck. Our laptops has no CD/DVD reader.

He then resolved the issue, "The XBox, dad." He inserted the disc and it played, but the audio was not the sound I expected. I was unsatisfied.

"I'll be right back," I told him as I rushed to find my shoes and car keys.

"Where are you going," he asked.

"I think I have a CD player in my storage unit," I responded.

Sure enough. I found my old CD player which was tangled and connected to portable speakers. Excitedly, I rushed back to my apartment.

My son and I untangled the wires to the speakers and connected it to the CD player.

Alas, the CD played.



No comments:

Post a Comment