Translate

Friday, September 29, 2017

Tracks 83: Music Mix 1983


When I was little, before we had MTV, I looked forward to the weekends and staying up late to watch Night Tracks on TBS. For me, Night Tracks became the looking glass to a totally different world.

Being from deep south Texas, a Catholic conservative and predominantly Mexican-American area, watching Boy George (Culture Club) was something very new, but my parents never censored my viewing habits--although, my mom still changes the channel when there is a sex scene on TV.

I was seven years old when I was exposed to the amazing world of music videos. Videos gave life to the music on the radio. And as a very imaginative kid, it allowed me to mimic performances and dances, especially Michael Jackson's Billie Jean and Jennifer Beals' Flashdance dance moves.




Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky
Spandau Ballet - True
Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy & 17
Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Loverboy - Hot Girls In Love
Elton John - I'm Still Standing
Naked Eyes - Promises Promises
Kinks - Come Dancing
The Tubes - She's A Beauty
Laura Branigan - Gloria
Men At Work - Overkill
Madness - Our House
The Clash - Rock the Casbah
Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me
Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
Irene Cara - What A Feeling (Flashdance)
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment