Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A-ha - Take on Me


Music Appreciation

There are two places I remember listening to music, when I was young. One was from the jukebox at Pizza Hut. The other was at the Skate Land.

I remember being nine years old and totally infatuated with my friend's older sister. She knew every lyric to every song that was played. And she was great a skating. She tried to teach me, but I didn't mind falling and having her pull me right back up.

One of those songs I remember skating to was A-ha's Take on Me. I later remember watching the comic book style music video on TBS Night Tracks. At the time, my friend's sister looked like the girl in the video, Bunty Bailey, but with dark hair.

The song, written by the band members of A-ha, the Norwegian pop band, was released on September 16, 1985. At the time, the music video was considered revolutionary as it featured pencil-sketch animation and live action. The music video won several MTV video music awards.




Source: Wikipedia





No comments:

Post a Comment