Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

Earth, Wind & Fire - September

Music Appreciation

Everyone recognizes that guitar intro followed by the brass and the disco-funk sound of Earth, Wind & Fire's hit song, September.

"Do you remember the 21st night of September?"

Released on November 18, 1978, the the song placed high in the U.S. R&B chart, Billboard Hot 100, and UK singles chart. 

For some reason, this song reminds me of living in Arlington, Virginia when my dad worked for the Brooking Institute in D.C. I was only two or three years old, and I remember riding in my mom's red-interior car to and from places, listening to this song.

I recall lots of found memories when I hear this song. Plus, it always reminds me that the hot weather is just about over.




Source: Wikipedia







No comments:

Post a Comment