Translate

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Planning My Saturday at Austin's Wizard World Comic Con


I can't wait for Saturday. It's Wizard World Comic Con in Austin, and that means I get to geek out to the various TV and movie actors, aisles of exhibitors and vendors, discussion panels and Q&A's, and the tons of cosplayers.

This is a full day event for me, where I arrive at 10 AM and don't leave until about 9 PM. And for the past few hours, I've been planning my day by highlighting the programming and setting priorities.

11:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Austin Acroart (Entertainment Stage)

I have an appreciation for acroyoga, a combination of acrobatics and yoga, so this performance should be entertaining.

11:30 AM - 12:15 PM - Trailer Park (Room 6)

I love watching TV and movie trailers. 

12:30 PM - 1:15 PM - Doctor Who: A Brief History of the Classic Series (Room 4)

I've caught a few episodes of Doctor Who... the Ninth and Eleventh Doctor; however, I'd like to get a little brief history of the series. I might stay for a bit.

12:45 PM - 1:15 PM - Cos-Spray: The Art of Cosplay (Entertainment Stage)

Cosplay... Is An Art. So... I might skip the Doctor Who and watch this performance instead.

1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Sci-Fi Speed Dating Session  (Room 3)

When I was about 18, I placed an ad on the Star Trek Communicator seeking my Vulcan Princess. So, when I read the description, "Are you tired of lookin' for love in Alderaan places?" I saw it as a sign that I must participate. 

1:00 PM - 1:45 PM - Michael Rooker Vs The Audience (Ballroom A)

I'm a fan of Michael Rooker. So, if I chicken out of the speed dating, I might just sit in and watch Merle Dixon talk.

2:00 PM - 2:45 PM - I Assure You They're Open: A Clerks Conversation With Jason Mewes and Brian O'halloran (Ballroom A)

2:45 PM - Nichelle Nichols

I've been holding on to a trading card of Uhura since 1991. It would be great if I could get it signed by Ms. Nichols. 

4:00 PM - 4:45 PM - Queen of the Nerds: A Conversation with Felicia Day (Ballroom A)

5:00 PM - 5:45 PM - Firefly Cast Reunion With Jewel Staite, Summer Glau and Sean Mahar (Ballroom A)

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Wizard World Costume Contest

This is the highlight of the event. I love watching cosplayers present their creativity. 

10:00 PM - 2:00 AM - Wizard World After Party

Depending on how my Saturday goes, I might make my way to The Blind Pig Pub. 

SEE YA'LL AT AUSTIN'S WW COMIC CON.

No comments:

Post a Comment