Translate

Friday, November 17, 2017

Tracks 83: Music Mix 1986


I remember us kids being called in from recess to meet inside the school's gym. Our principal shared the news that the Space Shuttle Challenger had exploded shortly after takeoff. The teachers were devastated; understandably since Christa McAuliffe was one of the seven astronauts who perished.

Several things happened in entertainment that year: Mike Tyson becomes youngest Heavyweight Champion and the Oprah Winfrey Show makes its debut. Top Gun, Crocodile Dundee, Star Trek: The Voyage Home, and Aliens were a few of my favorite movies that year.




The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
Rod Stweart - Love Touch
Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
Timex Social Club - Rumors
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
El DeBarge - Who's Johnny
James Brown - Living in America
Wham! - I'm Your Man
INXS - What You Need
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
Berlin - Take My Breath Away
Nu Shooz -  I Can't Wait
Prince - Kiss
Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love
Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
Mr. Mister - Broken Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment