Translate

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Weekend in Houston Art


My parents and I have a non-traditional way of celebrating Thanksgiving. Perhaps it's more due to the fact that I'm the only child, so there isn't a reason to congregate at mom and pop's. Rather, we spend our day in Houston at the Galleria Mall--my mom loves to shop.

While in Houston, we did visit the Menil Collection. The museum houses the private collection of philanthropists and art patrons John and Dominique de Menil.


Their collection included works by John Chamberlain, Andy Warhol, Rene Magritte, Mark Rothko, Pablo Picasso, Max Ernst, Jasper Johns, Cy Twombly, Victor Brauner, James Rosenquist, and Robert Rauschenberg.

We also visited the Francis Alys' The Fabiola Project and The Rothko Chapel, which are steps away the museum.

The following day, I visited the Contemporary Art Museum. There I saw the ceramics works by Annabeth Rosen and a visual exhibition by Pauline Boudry and Renate Lorenz titled Telepathic Improvisation.

I then found myself at the Silver Street Flea Market. A few artists were showing their works, such as Lindsay Burck and Sarah Rimboch.

Next to the market was the Fotofest. There I saw the photography by Kalee Appleton, Rachel Cox, Joe Harjo, Peter Leighton, Emily Peacock, and Molly Shigemoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment