Translate

Monday, December 18, 2017

The Blue Genie Art Bazaar


Art Appreciation

I've lived in Austin for the past 18 years. Thus, perhaps I can indeed consider myself an Austinite.

Every Sunday, I open the Austin Chronicle to see what's going on in the city. My aim is mostly art exhibits and galleries. Preferably free. And trust me, there are plenty. Even if there was a charge, the fee is reasonable.

This weekend, I decided to visit The Blue Genie Art Bazaar. As explained on their website, "The Bazaar features the work of more than 200 artists offering a wide variety of imaginative and beautiful gifts." And they do. Many of the products sold are handmade by local and regional artists.

Here are a few artists I came across at the bazaar:

Cindy “Crash” Raschke
crashartaustin.com

Illuminidol
illuminidol.com

Kristen von Minden and Eve Trester-Wilson
brightbeamgoods.com

Liz Potter
thewonderfuladventure.com

Rebecca Bennett
rebeccabennettartworks.com

Tim Doyle
nakatomiinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment