Translate

Friday, December 8, 2017

Tracks 83: Music Mix 1987 Part II


For me, 1987 was prime. A lot of great music videos were being played on MTV. You had the badass Billy Idol singing Mony Mony and the Beastie Boys showing nerds that the must Fight For the Right To Party! And at the same time, you had some mainstream pop hits like Crowded House's Something So Strong, ABC's When Smokey Sings, and Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam's Lost In Emotion.

But perhaps one my my favorite song and music video was Aretha Frankin & George Michael's I Knew You Were Waiting. It combined two powerful singers and entertainers to create a wonderful song.



Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party0
Huey Lewis And The News - Doing It All For My Baby
Crowded House - Something So Strong
Expose - Let Me Be The One
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
ABC - When Smokey Sings
Glass Tiger -Someday
Swing Out Sister - Breakout
Madonna - Who's That Girl
Janet Jackson - Control
Aretha Franklin & George Michael - I Knew You Were Waiting For Me
Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
Billy Medley, Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life
U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Billy Idol - Mony Mony
Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
Whitesnake - Here I Gor Again
The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian

No comments:

Post a Comment