Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Trump's Odd New Year Tweet


Pardon the Interruption

As a registered Texas Republican, I have no words on how I feel after reading President-elect Trump's tweet, this morning.


I mean, why couldn't he just say "Happy New Year to all" -- short, sweet, presidential, and unifying.

Instead, the President-elect continued... "including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do." Narcissistic, one would think, right? I mean, the definition is extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration.

If we were to psychoanalyze this tweet, further, [and by no means am I a psychologist or psychiatrist] Trump acknowledges he has "many enemies..." But he also seeks sympathy from his supporters, "and those who have fought me..." And the sentence ends with self-indulgence, "and lost so badly they just don't know what to do." Trump ends his tweet oddly, though, with "Love!"

Is the sentence "Love!," part of the whole tweet message, or is it more associated with the second half of his tweet, "...including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do." I mean, it would have been the perfect genuine tweet had he just said, "Happy New Year to all. Love!"

Instead, we are left wondering if this is a message to those who defy him -- a threat to those who are vocal against him and question his actions.


#histionicpersonalitydisorder
#narcissisticpersonalitydisorder
#HPD

No comments:

Post a Comment