Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fallingwater


Best known for his organic architecture--design inspired by nature--Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater is, as one would expect, breathtaking. Considered one of his great masterpieces, Fallingwater sits between tall trees, boulders, and over a creek.



Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater is located east of Uniontown, Pennsylvania in Kaufmann County.

Being a big fan of his work since I was young, I was excited to tour Fallingwater. While my wife was at a convention at a nearby resort, I decided to find Wright's masterpiece. After driving through winding rural roads, I was able to find the entrance into Fallingwater.

One tip: Call ahead of time and make a reservation. Also, look at a map before driving to Fallingwater.

The picture was taken with a Canon PowerShot A400 on August 22, 2006.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallingwater

No comments:

Post a Comment