Translate

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Erasure - Take a Chance on Me

Music Appreciation

I'm taking a chance here. 

I was first introduced to Erasure by my high school bestfreinds.   Being the naive 16 year old boy, I thought the pop duo Erasure sang great tunes that were fun to sing and dance to.  Nothing more.  It was perhaps in college or even after that I realized Andy Bell, the lead singer, was considered a gay icon. 

I haven't stopped listening since, and I even find myself lipsyncing to their songs every change I get.  Yes, my inner-drag queen comes out--watch out sistas!

Okay, so for historical purposes, Take a Chance on Me was first recorded by ABBA in 1978.  Erasure's cover came out in 1992 and topped the UK Singles Chart for five weeks.




Sources: Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment