Translate

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Cure - Pictures of You

Music Appreciation

I first remember listening to Pictures of You during a morning bus ride to my high school.  Chris, a high school friend of mine, would bring his boombox and play The Cure's Mixed Up CD.  We started our morning drive to Mercedes from McAllen listening to all the songs on that CD. 

Perhaps one of the most memorable mornings was when Kristalee, wearing a short little black dress and dark stalkings, sat next to me on our way to school. I was terrified and didn't move.  I probably had many opportunities to say something.  Maybe I could have told her how much I liked her wavy hair.  Maybe I could have mentioned that she looked so much like Julia Roberts.   So many maybes.  Sadly, I didn't.   

Instead I wrote her a Valentine's note sharing my feelings.   I ignored her after that.  I didn't want to confront the questions or even her response.  Yes, pitiful. 

Eventually, one of the girls got tired of the CD.  Chris stopped the music and changed it to the local station.  We didn't hear The Cure on the bus ever again, but I did go out and spend my a $20 allowance to get the CD.




No comments:

Post a Comment