Translate

Friday, January 24, 2014

Maná - Como te Deseo

Music Appreciation

"Mariposas bailan en mi pecho, El calor no se dispersa amor..."

I'll be honest. The only Mexican music I knew was my dad's music. He'd listen to Juan Gabriel or José José. These guys were known for romantic ballads. Meanwhile, my mom would listen to Tejano music such as El Grupo Mazz or Selena.

So, personally, I didn't care for my parents music. Instead I turned my attention to MTV. As a teen, rap and hip hop was the thing and boys like me liked it. So, imagine me, a short Mexican American, wanting to be like Mike (Michael Jordon) or the Fresh Prince (Will Smith) wanting to leap as high as possible to touch the rim and rapping at the same time.

It wasn't until college when I was exposed to Mexican rock. The first song that I heard was Como te Deseo by Maná. I became a fan very quickly of Mexican rock and even Mexican pop music.




via WarnerMusicMexico


Source: Wikipedia




No comments:

Post a Comment