Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Victoria Alynette Fuller

Art Appreciation

Blogging this was a bit challenging because I didn't know whether to focus on the model or the artist. So, I'm going to do both. đŸ˜€

Victoria Alynette Fuller was the centerfold PLAYMATE tucked inside the January 1996 PLAYBOY. I remember that issue because it not only provided a cover and photo spread of Pamela Anderson, but it also included a review of 1995 PLAYMATES. Oh... and there were also intriguing articles and interviews of Dennis Rodman, Conan O'Brien, and a young Johnny Depp. 

But it was Stephen Wayda's photos of Victoria that caught my young-self's attention. The 5' 8" blonde hair blue eyes epitomized "the California girl." 

Born on December 11, 1970, Victoria was discovered by a Playboy scout while modeling. As explained in the PLAYBOY write up by Bob Daily, "She sent her photograph to PLAYBOY twice without success."

In her PLAYMATE DATA SHEET, her ambitions included "owning a beautiful home, displaying my artwork in a gallery, and learn something new everyday."

She explains, "I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil... My dream is to display my art in a gallery someday, where everybody dresses up and drinks champagne and admires my work. And then they buy everything." 

The photoshoot features her in nude stockings and high heels, a pink feature boa, knee-high pink boots, leopard lingerie, corset under bust skirt, and nothing but paint. The paint ones are my favorite because she it shows a playful side as she squeezes paint out of a tube onto her naked chest and paints it on a canvas -- I wonder if she sold that painting.

After her centerfold, Victoria received a licensing contract with PLAYBOY that allowed her to use trademarks like the Rabbit Head Symbol and Bunny Costumes. She launched THE MARK, a large collection that included original oils and limited edition prints. 

PLAYBOY catapulted her art career.









Source: 

Playboy, January 1996, volume 43, number 1

Wikipedia

https://www.victoriafuller.com/about

No comments:

Post a Comment