Translate

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

This is another music video I remember watching on TBS Night Tracks.  I was about seven years old.  While my parents would host parties at the house, I would stay up late watching music videos.

Safety Dance quickly became a favorite of mine.  Perhaps it was the repetitive melody and groovy electronic sound.

I do have to admit, however,  that I was a bit creeped out with the medieval little person.  At the same time, at an early age, I had this strange attraction for the dancing blonde. Was this the seed that led me to my wife?  Dress my wife bohemian and you get the Safety Dance girl.  Gez, I've got to watch it again.

The question I have after watching this music video is who's idea was it to make an "S" shape.  Perhaps it was cool to make letters using your body, but today I think it's cheesy.

 

Speaking of cheesy, the song has recently been peformed on Fox's hit TV series, GLEE, where the high school geek who is wheelchair-bound, Artie Abrams, starts a dance mob at a shopping mall.  Okay, I admit, I like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment