Translate

Sunday, March 20, 2011

U2 - With Or Without You

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

I remember listening to U2's With or Without You 24 years ago. I was about 11 years old.

I had asked my parents to invite my friend Adam for a sleepover. He lived a few houses down and my parents thought it would be fun.

MTV was always on the tube, especially, during sleepovers. However, it was something about "With or Without You" that was mesmerizing.

His looks made me so uncomfortable that I really couldn't watch through the video.

Secretly, I found myself watching Bono with his guitar (which he doesn't play a note during the music video but rather just swings around angrily) and feeling my soul leave my body every time listening to the Edge's bridge. I slowly transformed into a note floating in air with each strum of his guitar string.





No comments:

Post a Comment