Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Animals question themselves?

Scribbles of a seven year old

I thought I would share a scribble from my son's poetry journal he kept at school.  What I like is how he draws question marks over each animal as if they question what they are rather than he wondering how they were made.

Things I Want to Know

When I think about the animals
There's lots I want to know,
Like how the zebra got his stripes,
And why the turtle's slow.
I wonder 'bout giraffe's tall neck
And how long it could grow.
And just who taught the fireflies
To make that special glow.
Perhaps someone could tell me
About peacock's feathered show,
Or how the worm got stuck with living
In a home so low.
But more than any other thing,
I really want to know--
Just how come my Aunt Hilda
Makes her goldfish war a bow.

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment