Translate

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garbage - I think I'm Paranoid

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

Fresh out of college, I recall purchasing Garbage Verison 2.0 and listening to the whole CD at least three times on my way to Austin, Texas.  What's more is that when I arrived in Austin and switched to the local alternative rock station, 101X, Garbage was playing.  I thought I was in paradise.  This was where I belonged.

The alternative rock band from Madison, Wisconsin hit mainstream alternative radio in 1995 and 1996 with hits such as Queer and Stupid Girl.  The rebellious Shirley Manson, lead vocal for Garbage, made many guys, including myself, drool for goth redhead rockers. 

The video below was directed by Matthew Rolston, who has also filmed music videos for Jody Watley, Salt-n-Pepa, Madonna, and many many others.



No comments:

Post a Comment