Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Constance Whitney Warren

Art Appreciation

American sculptor, Constance Whitney Warren, was best known for her Western subjects, such as the bronze statute that sits outside the Texas State Capitol building of a cowboy riding a rearing horse. The statute was erected 1925.

The picture below was taken on January 16, 2012--interestly, Constance Whitney Warren's birthday was January 17, 1888. My son and I were playing catch on the Capitol grounds, when I remembered that I had taken a picture of the cowboy thirteen years earlier. I told my son I had to take a picture of the cowboy and compare it with the one I took back then.


Texas Cowboy at Sunset, c1996, Canon 35mm camera web
Texas Cowboy at Sunset, c1996, Canon 35mm camera web

No comments:

Post a Comment