Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Update: Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

Music Appreciation

Dead or Alive was a British new wave band from Liverpool, England, best known for the androgynous lead singer, Pete Burns. They are also most recognized for thier song, You Spin Me Round (Like a Record), which reached U.S. Billboards twice in 1985 and 2003.

When I was a kid, I remember thinking Pete Burns was girl who resembled one of my elementary school teacher. What's even more disturbing is that I thought my school teacher was pretty.

Before Pandora, iPods, or CDs, there were records. One could purchase an LP (Long Play) or a 45", which usually contained singles. To play the old vinyl records, one needed a record player. I had a small portable one, which my mom used to play her records as she exercised. This was one that I remember hearing over and over and over again.

Pete Burns, who was born on August 5, 1959, passed away on October 23, 2016 following a sudden cardiac arrest.




Source: Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment