Translate

Monday, November 22, 2021

The Rolling Stones Concert, ATX

When I was 18 years old, my dad took me to my first Stones' concert in San Antonio, The VooDoo Lounge Tour. We woke up early that day and started our drive to San Antonio from the valley (Rio Grande Valley).  The concert was at the Alamodome, which had just opened the year before. The opening act was Bryan Adams. 

In 2006, I took my dad to the Stones' concert in Austin, A Bigger Bang Tour. We had arrived early to Zilker Park, because I wanted to grab a good seat on the lawn. As we were about to sit on the grass, we were approached by an event person. He asked how many were in our party. I replied it was just my dad and I. He handed us two tickets and directed us to the bleachers at the side of the stage. Lawn tickets turned out to be the best seats. My dad loved the show.

This past Saturday, I took my 17 year old daughter to the No Filter Tour at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA). We left home early expecting the unexpected -- it was my first time at COTA and I wanted to make sure to have plenty of time to arrive, park, and find a spot on the lawn. Good thing I did.

COTA is a large complex with many parking lots. Ours happened to be at the very end, LOT R. We parked, walked to the complex, and found the Bronze area -- a hilltop overlooking the stage. We laid our blankets on the ground and waiting for the show to begin. 



Crazy things happen in the cheap seats, which isn't included in the video. 

I was offered pot. I was also offered popcorn. 

The drunk girl behind me almost fell on me. Same girl spilled trash on a group sitting behind her. Same girl stepped on my foot at one point. She then decided to squat and pee next to me. 

The guy friend the drunk girl came with was dry humping her. How do I know? I was within earshot of him talking to her dirty asking if she feels his hard penis. The girl who offered me popcorn, started dancing with the two. I'm thinking the guy got lucky after the show.

During the concert, a girl walked passed me with about six feet of toilet paper hanging from the back of her jeans. She must have traveled a long with with that since the closest port-a-potty was down the hill. 

I had a conversation at the end of the evening at the port-a-potty with a young lady. She said that she would rather get UTI than use a port-a-potty. I countered and said that the ride may be long getting out of COTA. She gave in and went into the blue closet. When she emerged out, she was clearly disgusted with the experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment