Translate

Sunday, December 19, 2021

COVID and the Holidays

Pardon the Interruption

My daughter and I were expected to be in Washington, D.C. Unfortunately, there was a change of plans. She came down with COVID-19.

It's disappointing because I was wanting to sneak in that last "awesome" trip before she turns 18 and graduates from high school. Honestly, my fear is that she will just leave after graduation and that opportunity will be lost. 

I'm slightly annoyed that my ex-wife is on a vacation trip with her husband. She informed me that our daughter's girlfriend had COVID the day our kid came to my place. I accepted the news. But, honestly, deep down I really wanted to push back and say our kid stays with you then. But I didn't.

I didn't because I'm our child's dad. 

She took the BinaxNow rapid antigen test and indeed came out positive. 

I internalized the newfound information for a bit, then started calling Southwest Airlines and Hilton to cancel our reservation.

To be honest, there was a part of me that wanted to keep our travel. It's probably the last time I will have the opportunity to travel with her anywhere. 

There is also a part of me that feel she gets to travel to cool places with her mom and new husband--a slight envious feeling towards my ex and her new life, I know.

But the silver lining to all this is that we get to spend time a home together. She's in the room next to my office, isolated. But she does come out and I do ask how she is doing. Quality time, in an odd way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment