Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Travel + Leisure: Your Best Shot: Zoe Osborne

On the last page of its magazine, Travel + Leisure features photographs submitted by their readers. In this particular November 2020 issue, a photograph by award-winning journalist Zoe M. Osborne, of her boyfriend sipping yak-butter tea caught my attention. 

As she explained in the issue, "Oi,' I called to my boyfriend as he sipped yak-butter tea in our mountainside hut. He came to the door and I snapped a quick shot, capturing this much needed moment of reprieve. We had just arrived at a tiny village near the Kali Gandhi River, in Nepal, after three days of hiking the surreal landscapes of the Upper Mustang, in the remote Himalayas." 

Looking at the photo, you can feel the relief from his posture and grin behind the mug. 

She added, "We were tired and sore: believe it or not, I hadn't brought proper hiking shoes for the expedition. But the chilly air was energizing and the smell of dal bhat -- steamed rice and lentil curry -- simmering on the wood-fired stove filled me with so much joy."


No comments:

Post a Comment