Translate

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

Released in the United States 31 years ago on December 8, 1979, Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall received several recognition and named one of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Times. However, the song and music video was and still is controversial.

The song and music video is a protest to the authoritative management of Pink's (the boy in the video) private school. Of course, after watching this video, many kids saw this as a protest to education in general.

I heard this song when I was about four or five years old. I recall my dad obtaining the album somehow and playing it during a party hosted at our home. My guess is that one of his students or friends brought the album to the house or something.

I remember waking up scared and crying to my dad begging to turn it off. He did and I returned to sleep. I think the kid's chorus creeped me out. In fact, I had the same reaction when I first saw the music video. I think I watched it one late night on MTV and quickly turning it off. As a matter of fact, I had nightmares of being on a conveyor belt and falling before waking up in a cold sweat.

It was probably not until I was in my late teens when I was able to watch and understand Pink Floyd's The Wall.


via mongchilde

Source: Wikipedia.

To view the video, please visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment