Translate

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster

Music Appreciation (A Retrospect)

Originally recorded by the Ohio Players in the 1970s, Love Rollercoaster resurfaced into pop culture in Beavis and Butt-head's 1996 animated feature film, when the Red Hot Chili Peppers covered the song.

Anthony Kiedis, Flea, and the other Peppers added rap and kazoos to the cover song, which added more funk to the original's funk.

I was just born when the original song was released; therefore, I can't say I had any attachment to the Ohio Player's version.  I recall watching the animated music video of the Peppers riding a rollercoaster with scenes of the Beavis and Butt-head film.

Naturally, the song sounded familiar, but I couldn't place where I had heard it.  I believe it was a few years after the movie when I finally heard the original version of Love Rollercoaster on the radio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment