Translate

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

2Pac - Me Against the World

Music Appreciation

Tupac Shakur's third studio album Me Against the World, was released on March 14, 1995, while the rapper was facing numerous legal troubles and embroiled in a feud with other rappers. The album is both considered introspective and socially conscious and showcases his remarkable storytelling ability. It dealt with issues such as poverty, violence, and racism.

His powerful lyrics in So Many Tears is an autobiography of the senseless violence experienced as a kid and his internal struggles in the "Thug Life."

"Now that I'm strugglin' in this business, by any means, Label me greedy gettin' green, but seldom seen, And fuck the world cause I'm cursed, I'm havin' visions, Of leavin'' here in a hearse, God can you feel me?"

The lead single, Dear Mama, was a tribute song to his mother, Afeni Shakur. 

"For a woman it ain't easy trying to raise a man, You always was committed, A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it, There's no way I can pay you back, But the plan is to show you that I understand, You are appreciated."

At the age of 17, Afeni kicked out Tupac and they had little contact for many years; although, the eventually, they reconciled.

In the world of hip hop, Tupac is considered one of the most influential artists of all time. The album's innovative production and fearless lyricism helped redefine the hip hop genre. 


Source:

Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment