Translate

Saturday, September 11, 2021

God Bless Prince and Tom Petty

Little Red Corvette is the first song that pops into my head when I think about Prince. I was no more than five or six and I remember that song vividly listening to it on the radio as I sat on the passenger seat driving home or where ever we were going in McAllen, Texas--a song town then in south Texas.

To be honest, I had no clue what a little red Corvette was, but it sounded nice. "Little Red Corvette, Baby You're much too fast..." Oh, the sound was so cool. 

For me, Tom Petty came much later in my life. I was probably a teen watching MTV when Free Fallin' caught my attention. Maybe it was Devon Kidd, the girl in the video, that attracted me to continue watching. Needless to say, this quickly became a favorite video of mine.

In a tribute to George Harrison, who passed away on November 29, 2001, Price, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, and others performed "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the 2004 Hall of Fame Inductions. 

This is a perfect tribute with Tom Petty leading the group but allowing the Price to give all the well deserved tribute to George Harrison.


No comments:

Post a Comment