Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

Sylvia Kristel

 

I use to wait up for my parents to get home from date night. It was scary at first but then it became a routine I looked forward to. 

I was in my teens and my parents had upgraded their cable service to include the movie channels, HBO and Skin-a-Max -- I mean, Cinemax.

My parents had date nights on Fridays, and that was okay with me. My dad would take me to the video store and let me pick out two movies. I would typically get a comedy and a Disney movie. 

At the time, the house wasn't that big. It was shaped like an L with the entertainment room being in the center.

Before my parents would leave, pizza was typically order from Pizza Hut or Dominos. I had my pizza and movies ready and playing. 

By 10:30 pm, I had finished the two rental movies and ready to turn on Cinemax. 

Right on the dot. An after hours movie would begin. 

Emmanuelle.

The amazingly gorgeous 5'9" Dutch actress and model Sylvia Kristel caught my attention and I quickly fell in love with her character Emmanuelle. 

Sylvia Kristel was born on September 28, 1952 in Utrecht, the Netherlands. She is best remembered for playing Emmanuelle and eventually typecast to other similar roles that capitalized on her sexual provocative image. 

She began modeling at the age of 17. She won the Miss TV Europe contest in 1973, before starring in the role of Emmanuelle.  

In the 80s, Kristel starred in Lady Chatterley's Lover, Mata Hari, Private Lessons, and The Nude Bomb. 

In 2006, Kristel received an award at the Tribeca Film Festival for directing Topor et Moi, a short animated documentary film.  

On October 17, 2012, Kristel passed away from esophageal and lung cancer.



Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment